Monday, May 19, 2008

Chemo Day #4 May 2008


Well I had my fourth chemo. The doc saw the rash which you can see on my hands and was also on my tummy on the right side. In the photo I will attach it is quite visible


Seems that the PA thought it was Shingles. When the doc saw it he was not sure. But said to continue meds that I started for Shingles treatment. I saw him today(19th) as he wanted to make sure it was clearing up before the next chemo on May 27th. It has been a week since the meds ended and the rash appears to be gone. So we will continue on with the Taxol treatment which will be over the next two months. It will be less toxic to stomach but will affected nervous system so will have to see how it affects the neurothropy I have already in my right foot. I am sure that there will be some effect but hope not too much so I can continue with it and get this chemo stuff out of the way.


Thanks for the cards....again I have received several from around the world and here in the States too. The latest one was from Marseille, France. So to all who send cards and call and send flowers thanks for taking the time to think of me. It brightens my day and gives me courage to keep fighting on with these horrible treatments.


The weather has finally turned here and we have actually been in the 90s part of last week. We will cool into the 70s for a high this week which to me is perfect weather.


Take care. Have a good week. Enjoy the warmth of the sun. Write or call when you are inspired to do so. It means so very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are looking good there mom...keep up the good spirits!

mainely stitching said...

You're looking GREAT!!! Keep up with the positive thinking!